Please save the date for a Room Parents/Helpers meeting with Mr. Golden on Tuesday, May 12th at 7pm in the Media Center. At this meeting we will get an overview from Mr. Golden about what he needs from us for K-Day, Fitness Day, and Field Day.
Room Parent Responsibilities
- Coordinate the Halloween and Valentine’s Day parties for your child’s class and help with the End of the Year Field Day/Pizza Party
- Communicate and delegate to Room Helpers
- Collect party money and manage budget for the three parties
- Communicate with your child’s teacher to let him or her know what you, along with the other parents from your child’s class, have planned
Room Helper Responsibilities
- Assist Room Parent and have a great time running the parties in your child’s class along with other parent volunteers
- Halloween Party: Thursday, October 31st, 2019 (2:15pm-3:40pm)
- Valentine’s Day Parth: Friday, February 14th, 2020 (2:40pm-3:40pm)
- End of the Year Field Day/Pizza Parties *UPDATED WITH DATES ADDED
- K-Day (Kindergarten)- June 2nd (rain date June 3rd) from 10am-1pm (parents arrive at 9:30am)
- Fitness Day (1st and 2nd Grade)- May 19th (rain date May 20th) from 10am-2pm (parents arrive at 9:30am)
- Field Day (3rd, 4th, and 5th Grade)- May 27th (rain date May 28th) from 10am-3:15pm (parents arrive at 9:30am)
Important Info: You should be able to attend the parties if you sign up as a Room Parent or Room Helper. Grandparents are welcome to sign up as well. Please note this is not assisting the teacher in the classroom.
How to Sign Up to Volunteer:
The Room Parent and Room Helper Sign-up Form (linked below) will be sent home with your child the 2nd week of school. Please return the form to your child’s teacher as soon as possible OR email the following information to Sarah Burton: your name, phone number, email address, and your child’s name, teacher’s name, grade, and your preference to be the Room Parent or a Room Helper.
Please also mark your calendar to attend the Room Parent and Room Helper Meeting on Tuesday, October 1st at 8:30pm in the Media Center.