- MCPS Department of Special Education
MCPS Department of Special Education Parent Resources
- Montgomery County Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) – Parents/guardians, MCPS staff members, and representatives of Montgomery County community groups that advocate for students with special needs and serve to advocate for, and advise, the Office of Special Education
- Disability Rights Maryland (DRM) – Maryland’s Public Advocate, providing free legal services to Marylanders of any age with all types of disabilities
- Autism Society Montgomery County makes Montgomery County a better place for persons on the autism spectrum
- Partnership for Extraordinary Minds (xMinds) supports MCPS students on the autism spectrum
- Down Syndrome Network of Montgomery County empowers and supports individuals with Down syndrome, their families and the community through education, information, public awareness and advocacy.
- The ARC Montgomery County provides child care, work skills training, employment, community living services, resources, respite care and advocacy
- Special Olympics Maryland provides year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities
- Maryland Developmental Disabilities Council advances the inclusion of people with developmental disabilities in all facets of community life
- The Parents’ Place of Maryland empowers families as advocates and partners in improving education and health outcomes for their children with disabilities and special health care needs
- Seeking Employment, Equality, and Community (SEEC) provides a wide range of community supports to help people with intellectual and developmental disabilities live lives of their choosing
- Atlantic Seaboard Dyslexia Education Center trains and certifies Academic Therapists and educates teachers, tutors, parents, and school leaders in effective methods to help individuals who are dyslexic or have other learning differences
Also see our links to other special education resources elsewhere on the internet.