We are currently recruiting chairs/co-chairs for the following committees:
These are some of the key committees that will still be able to function in a distance learning environment and we need your help to make them a success! This is a great way to get to know the school community and help us make the school year a fun and meaningful one for all of our children.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested!
Every design is available on a wide variety of t-shirt colors, sizes and styles. Not into t-shirts? You can also get Diamond ES tank tops, hoodies, sweatshirts, even face masks. Not into clothes? You can still get Diamond ES stickers, pins, magnets, mugs, notebooks, throw pillows, tote bags, and more!
November’s Restaurant Night is Tuesday, November 10th from 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM. Sponsored by Berries & Bowls.
Online ordering, curbside pickup and walk-ins!
Berries & Bowls
120 Market Street West
Gaithersburg, MD 20878
Mention Diamond Elementary Fundraiser when ordering (use the code “Diamond” when ordering online) and our PTA will receive 15% of proceeds!
DoorDash and UberEats orders do not count. Only in-store, phone and online orders will be counted!
This month, please join us in celebrating the accomplishments of our Hispanic community!
Did You Know?
- Hispanic Heritage Week observance started under President Lyndon Johnson in 1968 and was expanded by President Ronald Reagan in 1988 to cover a 30 day period from September 15 to October 15.
- In 1565, Spanish explorer Pedro Menéndez de Avilés established the first European settlement in the land later to be known as the United States.
- Jose Manuel Gallego was the first Hispanic of Mexican descent elected as a Territorial Delegate to Congress.
- Hispanic inventors invented color tv, CAPTCHA, the modern day ballpoint pen, and oral contraceptives.
- Today , more than 136,000 Hispanic soldiers serve in the US military and 60 have won the Me dal of Honor, the country’s highest military award.
- The US Hispanic population is 59.9 million (as of July 2018), making people of Hispanic origin the nation’s largest ethnic or racial minority at 18.3%.
- Hispanic workers are the fastest growing labor force in the United States.
United Farm Workers Founder
|Dr. Ellen Ochoa|
1st Hispanic woman to leave Earth’s atmosphere
1st Latina Supreme Court Justice in US history
One of the most famous educators in American history
This month’s Restaurant Night is Wednesday, October 14th from 11:00 AM to 8:30 PM. Sponsored by California Tortilla.
All orders must be placed online for in-store pickup, curbside pickup, or delivery. 25% of the group’s sales will be donated to Diamond Elementary School!
How to participate:
- Start an online order on CaliforniaTortilla.com.
- In the left column, find and click on the category called “Spirit Night.”
- Click on the avocado labeled “Spirit Night” and add to cart. This will ring up as a $0 item in your order.
- Complete the rest of your order and enjoy!
It’s sign up time for Girls on the Run! We will be holding the practices outside and in person (socially distanced) and will move to virtual in the event of any changes in COVID related protocols.
As a reminder, GOTR is for girls in 3rd-5th grade. Practices will be held Monday and Wednesday from 4:30pm-5:45pm starting September 28th.